Here is how to Whitelist email so that you get the emails you want while leaving everything else to the spam folders:
Whitelisting Instructions for Popular Email Apps:
How to Whitelist Gmail:
- If you find email from email@example.com in your Gmail spam folder, select that email and click the “Not Spam” button.
- Next, open an email that you have received from us.
- Click on the little triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
- Click “Add firstname.lastname@example.org to the Contacts list”
How to Whitelist Yahoo Email / How to Whitelist SBCGobal Email / How to Whitelist ATT.net Email:
You must set up a “filter”, but first:
- If you find email from email@example.com in your “Yahoo! bulk” folder, open the email and click “Not Spam”.
- If you find mail from firstname.lastname@example.org in your “Blocked Addresses” list in “Settings”, select the email and click “Remove Block”.
Now to create the filter:
- Open Yahoo! Mail and click on the Gear and select “Settings” in the upper right hand corner or “…more” icon in the Navigation bar.
- Select “Filters” (in the bottom left corner), or select “Filter Emails Like This…”
- On the Filters page, click “Add”
- Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and add “email@example.com”.
- Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select “Inbox”.
- Click the Add Filter button or “Save.”
How to Whitelist AOL.com Email:
You must add firstname.lastname@example.org or to your AOL address book as follows:
- Search for email from us in the Spam folder. If you find an email in the Spam folder, then open it and click the “Not Spam” button.
- Click the Contacts link (or open your AOL Address Book)
- Click the +New button.
- In the New Contact window, email@example.com into the ‘Primary E-Mail 1’ field
- Click Another email, and enter firstname.lastname@example.org into the E-Mail 2 address
- Click “Create”
How to Whitelist AOL Email Client:
New Subscribers: add the “From address” to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the “Address Book” window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the “Address Card for New Contact” window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste the From email address into the “Other E-Mail” field.
- Make our From address the “Primary E-Mail” address by checking the corresponding checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
How to Whitelist Microsoft Outlook:
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Add email@example.com where it says “Add address.”
- Click OK
How to Whitelist Office 365:
- In the Exchange admin center click on “Mail Flow.”
- Create a “new rule” by clicking on the “+” icon and then click “Bypass spam filtering.”
- Select on the *Apply this rule if… for the sender… domain is…..
- Add the domain you wish to whitelist plus any additional domains you also wish to whitelist. In this case, “virtualtweakers.com”
- Select Stop Processing more rules and then click save.
How to Whitelist Hotmail:
You have to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “Safe List”:
- If you find email from email@example.com in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk.”
- Then, check to see if the firstname.lastname@example.org appears in the “Blocked Senders” list. If it does, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner.
- At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link.
- Click on “Safe List”, (near the bottom.)
- Copy and paste email@example.com in the place where it says “Type an address or domain.”
- Click the “Add” button
- Repeat steps 6. and 7. for firstname.lastname@example.org